There are still no firm facts on price or release dates for either system. Wild rumors are everywhere, and you are able to put down "deposits" or "pre-orders" for both on some websites.
Persistent "leaks" and "rumors" are putting the Xbox One price anywhere between $299-$450, so we still have to wait and see as more info dribbles out. E3 in July may provide more details about both platforms, but again, who knows? Both Microsoft and Sony have yet to provide firm release dates, but gaming industry insiders think neither wants to miss the all-important USA Christmas Shopping season.
PS4 rumors are putting the price around $450, but again there are no facts to back this up. Release date: "2013". Could they be less definite?
Hardware facts are easier to come by. Here's what we know about the Xbox One: (thanks to Techradar) Xbox One comes packing an x64 8-core AMD CPU, USB 3.0 ports, 500GB hard drive and 8GB DDR3 RAM. Connectivity-wise you've got 802.11n Wi-Fi with Wi-Fi Direct functionality for exchanging data between devices - specifically the new Xbox controller.
There's also the addition of a Blu-ray drive, which marks Microsoft's first move to embrace the disc format created by Sony et al, which vanquished HD DVD back when TechRadar was but a glint in someone's eye.So as expected, then, the new Xbox One is more like a mini-PC than any Microsoft console that's come before. These specs put the console on a par with the PS4 and bode well for developers who want to make cross-platform games.
The console has not only an HDMI-out port but also HDMI-in too. This is for interfacing with set-top boxes in order to integrate the Xbox One with your TV-watching experience. As far as you're concerned, you'll only have one device instead of two.
We also know quite a bit about the PS4 (again, thanks to Techradar) :
PlayStation 4 Specifications
- CPU: low power x86-64 AMD "Jaguar", 8 cores
- GPU: 1.84 TFLOPS, AMD Radeon™ Graphics Core Next engine
- Memory: GDDR5 8GB
- Hard Disk Drive: Built –in
- Optical Drive (Read only): BD 6xCAV, DVD 8xCAV
- I/O: Super-Speed USB (USB 3.0), AUX
- Communication: Ethernet, IEEE 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth® 2.1 (EDR)
- AV output: HDMI, Analog-AV out, Digital Output (optical)
DualShock 4 specifications:
- External Dimensions: Approx. 162mm x 52mm x 98mm
- Weight: Approx. 210g (tentative)
- Buttons: PS button, SHARE button, OPTIONS button, Directional buttons (Up/Down/Left/Right), Action buttons (Triangle, Circle, Cross, Square), R1/L1/R2/L2/R3/L3, Right stick, Left stick, Touch Pad Button, Touch Pad 2 Point Touch Pad, Click Mechanism, Capacitive Type
- Other Features: Light Bar, Vibration, Built-in Mono Speaker
- Ports: USB (Micro B), Extention Port, Stereo Headset Jack
- Wireless communication: Bluetooth® Ver2.1+EDR
Known Title Releases:
Microsoft has announced that its own games studios will release 15 games in the first year of the Xbox One's life cycle. Other than that, we also know that FIFA 14 will launch on the console with exclusive content, and the new COD game, Call of Duty: Ghosts, will also have exclusive content on the Xbox.
A number of games have been revealed for the PS4. They Are: Deep Down(Capcom), Destiny (Bungie), Diablo III (Blizzard), Driveclub (Evolution Studios), Final Fantasy (Square Enix), Infamous: Second Son (Sucker Punch), Killzone: Shadow Fall (Guerilla Games), Knack (Sony), The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (CD Projekt RED), Watch Dogs (Ubisoft).
No backwards compatibility to Xbox360 games.
Ditto for not backwards compatible to PS3 games.
There are persistent rumors that both consoles will be able to stream older games to the new box. This is still unconfirmed.
So we all have to wait as information is leaked, released, rumored, confirmed. Some facts are known, some guessed, some ???????
Techradar for technology news updates.
For news and of course, great looking skins, visit videogame-skins.com